Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Making Magical Accessories - Necklaces!

Hubby and I made a trip to Michaels and our creative wheels were turning! Whether you are Earning Your Ears or just want some magical bling, here a few fun and easy necklaces you can make on your own. Don't forget to check out Part 2 of Making Magical Accessories - Pin It!

Beaded Necklace
Bead Necklace
Supplies: 
  • Silkies Necklaces - Silkies makes inexpensive stretchable necklaces perfect for this craft.  The pack I purchase came with 6 black plastic necklaces and cost $4.99 at Michaels.  They are fairly easy to open and close and secure around the neck.
  • Bead Landing, Alpha Blocks – I found a large pack of white alphabet block beads for $7.99 at Michaels. You can buy smaller packs just make sure they have holes large enough to put the necklace through.
  • Pony Beads – For my project, I purchased a mix pack of black, white and grey pony beads for $3.99 at Michael’s.
This craft is so simple once you have the supplies.  Select a pattern and a word, name or phrase.  Layout your design before putting it on the necklace to ensure letters face the correct way and the pattern is what you want.  Add the beads to the necklace and you are done!
Don't forget to look for coupons or shop and compare online.  I found a coupon for 30% off my entire purchase of Michaels jewelry (all of these items were considered jewelry)!

Bottlecap Necklace:
Bottle Cap Necklace
Supplies: 
  • Silkies Necklaces - This time I used a 2 pack of Silkies black velvet necklaces that I found for $2.99 at Michaels.
  • Fashion Caps - The Fashion Caps came in a pack of 24 with different colors or 48 in only silver.  I purchased the 48 silver at Michaels for $7.99 (and used a 40% off one item coupon).   These caps have holes in each side already so a necklace can slide through.
  • Pony Beads – Pony Beads can be used if you want to add some extra flare.
  • Stickers - Select any stickers you like as long as they fit on the bottle cap.
Another simple craft!  I am an avid scrapbooker, so I had several Disney stickers already on hand.  I tried several different stickers until I found the black circle above and placed some red Mickey ears on top.   Or be super creative and create your own sticker on the computer.  If you've been to Disney before, consider a picture of you and your favorite character.  The great thing about printing your own sticker is it can be whatever you want!

Happy crafting and go show your Disney style!   

* Note that prices listed are what I paid at the time of purchase and may not reflect current pricing.  Also be sure to pay attention to the warnings on any and all of these products.  Some are not suitable for certain ages due to small parts causing a choking hazard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Count Down to Disney

We have Disney issues.  Okay, to say "issues" is mild, we are addicted to Disney.  My favorite trips are when we are able to share...