Monday, September 17, 2012

Rockin' Dry Erase Desk Frame

My latest craft project came out of necessity for keeping my sanity.  I am a working mom of two middle school kids.  Yes, it freaks me out to think they are in middle school.  And I am trying to be the mom that helps them stand on their own two feet and learn that I will not always be there to remind them of everything.  Heck, at the pace my memory is going, I'm lucky to remind myself of the things I have to do these days!

So when I came  across this idea on Pinterest, I was in love.  What a quick and easy way to make a "To Do" dry erase board each of them can keep on their desk!  Brilliant!   I would love to put the link for the original site, but I cannot find it.  So kuddos to whoever posted the inspiration for this originally.  

  
I found a simple black frame at the $1 store (glass center).  The rock n' roll ribbon was on sale at Michael's for $1.50.  The other ribbon I had in my craft supply, gotta love being able to use something already on hand!  And the notebook paper I stole out of my daughter's backpack.  Shhhh, don't tell!

After cutting and inserting the notebook paper into the frame, I attached the checker ribbon around the top and bottom of the frame with a glue gun.  Next came the rock n' roll ribbon which I tied in a bow, cut off the excess and glued to the corner with the hot glue gun.  Voila, that really was it!  $2.50 and now my daughter has a fashionable dry erase "To Do" board.  Now the trick will be getting her to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Count Down to Disney

We have Disney issues.  Okay, to say "issues" is mild, we are addicted to Disney.  My favorite trips are when we are able to share...